We really can't stress enough, as far as Catznip is concerned, BETA DOES NOT MEAN BETTER. There will be known issues, half finished features, incomplete UI and lots of weird behaviour. There is no support.
- You MUST use Catznip as your primary viewer.
- You will be a bit OCD with an urge to press every button you find, or repeat the same actions over and over just to find a repo.
- You must have an account on the Catznip JIRA and be able submit reports.
- There is no guarantee that you will be able to use the latest beta viewer.
- Updates are forced and might not work for you at all.
- Expect personal settings to be wiped without warning.
- Crash reports may submit significantly more data. Catznip:Privacy_policy.
To restate. If you just want to see the new Catznip, then our beta team is NOT for you.
Becoming a Beta Tester
Catznip Viewer Group
To join or open the Catznip Viewer group from in the viewer, top menu click Help > Catznip Support Group. You can also paste the following in chat in the viewer and click the link that appears.
Catznip Viewer Litterbox Group
To join, paste the following in chat in the viewer and click the link that appears.
Getting the Latest Beta
Beta Viewer Updates
Beta viewers will automatically update themselves to the latest version and there is no option not to update. There is no guarantee that you will be able to use the latest beta viewer (in any capacity). Personal settings may be wiped without warning. Just because it worked yesterday doesn't mean it will work today.
Contributing Bug Reports
Beta testing is all about feedback and reporting bugs, for this we use the Catznip JIRA.
Make sure you read the Beta Login page when you start the viewer. This will be constantly updated and will highlight the areas of the viewer we are working on and what we need testing / feedback.