Catznip R5 Release Notes
Catznip R5 (2012-11-02)
Roughly based on Linden sources 3.2.7 ish .. more or less .. touch some wood. R5 adds a couple of brand new things, fixes some rather important bugs and makes you hungry. Be gentle with it, like a swedish lady. Future bugs & feature requests can be posted on our Catznip JIRA. Highlights
- Script Recovery : Never loose a script you were working on because the viewer crashed or you got logged out. works with all scripts, everywhere. Open scripts are auto-saved locally every 60 seconds. In event of viewer crash, scripts are presented to the user and optionally recovered to lost & found folder.
- Chat : A big push with some our chat overhaul features.
- Eject from Group : Option on the group participant context menu to eject someone from a group, remove unwanted members without needing to open the group floater and search.
- Inline Spell Checker : As part of the work required for submitting the Catznip Spell Checker to Linden Lab for inclusion in the official client it has been rewritten from scratch. On the way a LOT of refinements and bug fixes.
Never loose a script you were working on because the viewer crashed or you got logged out. works with all scripts, everywhere.
- added : Open scripts are auto-saved locally every 60 seconds. In event of viewer crash, scripts are presented to the user and optionally recovered to lost & found folder.
- backup copy is only saved when the editor isn’t pristine
- backup copy is removed when the asset was successfully uploaded, or when the floater is closed
A big push with some our chat overhaul features.
- added : allow resizing of the multi-line nearby chat bar (hover the mouse between the chat history and chat bar)
- added : context menu for the nearby chat floater (allows changing the chat font size and the nearby chat bar type)
- added : “Show Blocked Chat” option to the nearby chat floater context menu
- added : “NearbyToastOffset” to control the offset of the nearby chat toast from the bottom of the screen
- fixed : multi-line text editor doesn’t follow the ‘ChatFontSize’ setting
- fixed : single-line chat bar extends past the right side of the nearby chat floater
- fixed : nearby chat floater’s position and size aren’t restored if it’s attached to the conversations floater
- fixed : “Nearby Chat” tab in the conversations floater isn’t removed when toggling ‘NearbyChatFloaterBarType’ or ‘NearbyChatFloaterWindow’
Cleaned up and tightened top status bar, especially useful if you prefer a minimalistic UI or just run the viewer with limited screen real estate (like on Kitty’s fancy ION netbook. Funny .. I’ve had a netbook 2 years now, but the moment Kitty gets one it’s suddenly important .. mutter mutter mumble).
- added : “Show Buy Currency Button” and “Show Marketplace Button” context menu items to selectively show/hide those buttons on the status bar
- changed : mini-location bar dynamically resizes when the menu bar or status bar sizes change
- changed : rearranged the mini-location bar
- removed the info button
- show the maturity rating as an icon rather than part of the parcel text
- reformat the parcel text to “Region (Coordinates) – Parcel”
- coordinates and properties are always visible, regardless of navigation bar options
Inline Spell Checker
- added : ‘Second Life glossary’ dictionary (enabled by default)
- fixed : overwriting existing text won’t trigger a new spell check
- fixed : opening an existing modifiable notecard doesn’t always show existing misspellings
- fixed : scrolling through a notecard can hide all misspellings
- fixed : squiggly lines aren’t centered on the misspelled word (fixed for LLTextEditor)
- added : “Eject from Group” option on the group participant context menu
- added : drag-moving of the current selection in a text editor control
- added : (select) notifications can be (optionally) logged to chat and/or instant message
- added : show “XXX is offline” when opening a new IM session to a friend who’s currently offline
- added : “NameTagShowTyping” setting to show an avatar’s typing status in their name tag
- changed : large address aware
- changed : “Restart Region” button to a flyout button with 2, 5 and 15 minute restart delay options
- changed : moved the “Empty Trash” option to the position “Empty Lost & Found” previously had
- changed : removed “Empty Lost & Found” from the inventory context menu and the inventory gear menu
- changed : reorganized the General preferences tab
- fixed : shift-selecting text in a notecard doesn’t actually select any text
- fixed : re-enable drag-and-drop commit behaviour for main inventory panel, IM container floater, people sidebar panel and avatar picker floater
- fixed : re-enable dragging and dropping between inventory tabs
- fixed : the “PaymentSent” notification isn’t logged
- fixed : don’t log persisted notifications multiple times
- internal : trolling Trinity by messing with GCC, just for fun.
- internal : changed unknown L$ balance from L$20,000,000 to L$-1 after Trinity claimed I owed her $78,000 US.
Aside from some pretty major FUI related bug fixes to RLVa, the big change here is SharedWear being on by default. SharedWear means that items placed inside a #RLV Folder do not need to be placed in attachment point named folders.
- changed : flipped “RLVaEnableSharedWear” on by default
- fixed : disabling a toolbar button doesn’t block the button’s commit signal
- fixed : LLFloaterReg::toggleInstanceOrBringToFront() bypasses the blocked folder list and the validation signal
- fixed : region “alerts” aren’t show location or show names filtered
- fixed : various issues and enhancements relating to @showloc
- fixed : the RLV API renames “Avatar Center” to “Root”